Monday, December 23, 2013

Wash Day: Week 2


Hello Friends, 

As for the experiment without shampoo, I decided two weeks was my limit. My hair was very weighed down. 

Products Used:
  • Macadamia Deep Repair Masque 
  • Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
  • Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner 
  • Ultimate Radiance Leave in Condition 
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal     
  • Jojoba Oil

Wash:

1) I pre-pooed with jojoba oil for the first time, my hair was sectioned into four sections, put the oil in my hands and massaged it in with my fingers, I also applied the oils directly on my scalp. After that was said and done I put on a heat retention cap (man did that cap itch my forehead). Anyway after the initial 10 minutes the itching stopped. So this cap is very good for trapping your natural heat inside the cap rather then using the clear ones, so this is going to make a return next week.  

2) After a hour I shampooed and conditioning with my new find listed above. And man this stuff left my hair at first feeling like straw as I massaged it in, but both times after I washed it out my hair felt silky smooth. I assume the straw feeling came from these two being oil based with no lather in either, but I would use these again.  

3) I then blotted my hair with a towel until my hair was mostly dry and put in the Deep Repair Masque and left it in for 50 minutes (whoops, TV distractions). I put on a plastic cap then the heat retention cap again. I still don't know if I'm putting the correct amount of deep conditioner into my hair because this stuff just gets sucked up by my hair. 
4) Then I let my hair air dry about 80% 
5) I then Detangled put in my leave-in conditioner and a teeny bit of the soy renewal before blow drying on a mixture of cool and warm air
Results:

There is still a lot of breakage, however it is nice to see what my curl pattern is on those broken hairs. I'm hoping as the weeks go on that it will decrease a bit. But overall my hair felt silky smooth and moisturized. I also want to try my hand out of blow drying with a roll comb to see the difference in texture. I want this wash day to be the start of my first short/long term goal. I want my ends and peek-a-boo hair to thicken up and for the ends to thicken also. So the picture below is un straightened hair with minimal heat during blow drying.

Anywho as promised, this is the first picture of the journey friends!



1 comment: