Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Product Review: Regis Designline Ultimate Radiance Shampoo

Price: $18.99 for 33.8 oz bottle (price may vary in store)

Purchased At: Any Regis Salon 

Directions: Apply to wet hair and massage into a lather. Rinse and repeat as necessary 


Promises: A sulfate free shampoo that removes residue leaving you with shiny, soft hair. There is UV and color fading protection

Ingredients: 
water, sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, cocamide MEA, sodium lauroamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, hippophae rhamnoides fruit oil, plantago major leaf extract, citrullus vulgaris (watermelon) fruit extract, hydrolyzed chonchiolin protein, caprylic/capric triglyceride, laminaria ochroleuca extract, coco-glucoside, glycol distearate, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, polyquaternium-7, propylene glycol, glyceryl oleate, PEG-55 propylene glycol oleate, panthenol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, helianthys annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hydrogenated avocado oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, citric acid, disodium EDTA, fragrance, benzyl salicylate, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, methylchloroisothiazoline, methylisothaizoline, yellow 5/CI19140/Ki4, Yellow 6/CI15985/Ki5 

My Assessment: As you can see, like the leave-in condition (you can find my review here) I've been using this for a while. I really enjoy that this is a salon style packaging; the pump makes my life so much easier when I'm in the shower washing my hair or washing it in the sink because there is no top that has to be opened and closed. It has a very liquidly constancy, so it goes through the hair very nicely. Also, like it's counter-part it smells like bananas and also coconuts. The smell it not over powering but it leaves an after scent that smells heavenly (according to my boyfriend, whose super picky with smells). The shampoo really doesn't get to a lather and that doesn't bother me, as long as my hair feels clean with no buildup and this shampoo does that very well. Personally I don't repeat steps so I wouldn't know if it strips the conditioner. 


Also the ingredients in this product do not contain sulfate or anything that really strips your hair of too many oils. The first three ingredients are actually fatty acids, a moisturizer and a very mild soap for hair. There are also variants of multiple oils good for your hair. I would recommend this product to anyone that doesn't mind a non-organic shampoo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment