Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wash Day: Week 26

Hello Friends, 

Has it really been two months since I've done a wash day update!? 

I started doing something different in this wash day that I think I'll stick to from now on. 1. Before "washing" my hair I added pure coconut oil, aloe vera juice mixed with water and my deep conditioner, which this week was the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque. I left this mixture on my hair for about a hour probably closer to 40 minutes before washing it out. 

The reason why I wanted to do this is because I knew it would leave my hair feeling baby soft and it sure did. The coconut oil trapped in the aloe vera juice that I put on my hair first and the deep conditioner added additional moisture and nutriments that my hair desperately needed after being in the sun for so long.  

2. I then conditioned my hair with my trustee Design Line conditioner, I don't think I'll know what to do once they get rid of this stuff. So in the meantime, if it ain't broke don't fix it. 


3. At this point my mom's voice popped into my head and I figured I should really go about detangling my hair. Guys I have not put a brush to my head since doing the BC so I was a little scared, however I picked up a "knockoff" denman brush by Goodie at walmart a few months ago and haven't used it so figured "why not". DETANGLING. WAS. A. BREEZE. It was a bit gross to see 2 months worth of shed hair that I thought I got out with a comb but my head feels so much lighter now.  

4. I then washed out my conditioner, air dried my hair after towel drying and adding in my leave ins (leave-in conditioner and a mixture of oils that I'll make another post about in the next weeks)

My routine is so much simpler now that I've cut my hair off. It takes some getting used to when I go about moisturizing/ detangling my hair which I'll go into more detail on in a later post with seeing more hair then I would as a relaxed head but being almost two months natural it's been a breeze, I wish I big chopped sooner. 

So without further adieu here's my hair just shy of being relaxer free for 3 months. (I sure am due for another trim to get the rest of the little bits of relaxer off. Also this was taken after putting in my leave-ins)  

No comments:

Post a Comment