Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Product Review: Shea Moisture

Hello Friends, 

So this review is really long overdue, I've been using this product for about 4 months now and I think I've gotten a pretty good grasp on how I like it even though I haven't hit the bottom yet. 


Price: $7 at Walgreens. (yay deals) 


IngredientsDeionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)* , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut)* , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter* , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive)* , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Ammonium Salt (Conditioner) , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Biotin , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Sorbitol Esters , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower (Honeysuckle) , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) 

First off guys, this product smells AMAZING. I can't put my finger on what the smell is it's somwhat of a mixture of a Old Spice and a really nice smelling perfume. I can't say that my hair really likes this when I'm not using heat during DC but it just sits on my hair, both relaxed and natural. The curly texture of my hair doesn't respond to this very well and the looser curls will drink this up (sigh). 


This does have a bit of protein in it so that may be the reason however when it's washed out of my hair it felt extra soft and fluffy and the smell lingered but was not as overpowering as it's initial application.  Even though I like this product I won't pick this up again. The cottage cheese like consistency is a bit too much for my hair but for some this could work wonders. I would go more for the other deep conditioner in their line over this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment