Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wash Day: Week 5 Relaxer Edition

Hello Friends, 

Sorry for the late posting. School was calling and I had to answer. 

This is something I've looked forward to and also dreaded for the upcoming weeks. I know a month is not a long time to see progress, but I've been taking care of my hair more now then I have for any length of time and I feel like I'm going to be proud of the results I get. 

This relaxer was a bit of a hassle. To make a long story short, what was supposed to be one session in one day turned into a two day ordeal. 

I believe the inch and a half that I got relaxed is now texlaxed unintentionally. The lady that did my relaxer did not smooth down my hair due to her taking too long. I'm indifferent if I'll just get it retouched or just leave the hair it is because it rolls out nicely like the rest of my hair. 


Anyway, 

The relaxer (affirm) was done in three sections due to the hairdressers slowness. So I had my nape down and the crown of my head, once the crown was finished it got washed out and since that area was natural is stayed on for about 25 minutes. The crown stayed on for just about the same amount of time and the top of my head stayed on for the minimum amount of time which was 15 minutes. After everything was washed out with the neutralizing shampoo I got it conditioned and this is where the story turns odd. I had to leave the salon and come back, so my hair air dried without any treatment or deep conditioning for almost 24 hours. 

 I then came back and got a super hydrating deep conditioner put on my head and sat under a hooded drier for about 20 minutes. After that washed it out and got the mane detangled and for the first time in a while the loss of hair was significantly decreased, even the stylist commented that my hair was no damaged (well as undamaged as it could get from relaxers) and then we proceeded to round brush blow dry/ straighten my hair. 

I prefer this round brush method rather then blow drying then flat ironing, especially when relaxers are involved, I find that it get my hair just as straight as flat ironing but it eliminates a extra step. It also adds volume that is lost to the hair from doing it that way.   

Anywho, 

Here are the results. You can check here  to see the difference from the last relaxer. In the previous picture the relaxer is a few days (or a week) old so my hair flatten out majorly compared to this picture. (Maybe I should invest in a length shirt for consistency later) 


No comments:

Post a Comment